Some days ago, I posted about what’s robots.txt and how to set it. Well, maybe this is the complement of that post. This post is the step to edit robots.txt file in blogspot/blogger. It is because the most blogger is use blogspot/blogger as their blog paltform. The way to edit or set robots.txt file in blogger is simple because there is a feature to enabling to edit it. The ways is the following :
1. Log in to dashboard.
2. Select the “setting” menu of blog which it robots.txt will be edited.
3. Select “search preferences”
4. See the Crawler and indexing menu. there is “custom robots.txt”.
5. Click “edit” then “yes” to enable editing.
6. Finish, you can edit and set your robots.txt file.
Warning! Use with caution. Incorrect use of these features can result in your blog being ignored by search engines.
Okay, That’s it. Hopefully useful for you. Happy Blogging 🙂